Welcome to my Anonymom series. Real moms talking about their deepest and darkest moments – anonymously. Anonymom episodes may consist of difficult topics including miscarriage, infertility, separation, anxiety, depression, trauma, and other potentially triggering issues. Names have been changed to protect the identity of the mom.
This episode features Claire, who talks about postpartum obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) after having her daughter during the COVID-19 pandemic. You’ll also hear about …
– what it was like being pregnant and giving birth during a global pandemic
– how, out of nowhere, she started to have thoughts of harming herself and her baby
– how her OCD/harm intrusive thoughts manifested in her day to day life
– how her anxiety built up so much that she found herself depressed and unable to drive, go in public, and be alone with her child
– how she was failed by the maternal mental health care system and fought for resources
– how you can beat the system and get the support you need
Search for episode #26!
Find more at www.jennaoverbaughlpc.com
Learn more with my masterclasses available here
Remember: this podcast is for informational purposes only and may not be the best fit for you and your personal situation. It shall not be construed as mental health or medical advice. The information and education provided here is not intended or implied to supplement or replace professional advice of your own professional mental health or medical treatment, advice, and/or diagnosis. Always check with your own physician or medical or mental health professional before trying or implementing any information read here. I am not acting as your therapist or mental health professional and this is not therapeutic advice. My goal is to provide you with options, resources, and information to make an informed decision regarding your mental health.
© 2023 Jenna Overbaugh, LLC